Monday, April 12, 2010

Shiva call (9)

Friday night I went to my uncle, where my sister was for Shabbat. It was the first time that I showed up there uninvited and it worked out fine. It was nice seeing my nieces and my uncle's family was nice to see too.
Sunday night I went to console my brother's wife for the death of her father. the man was an OCD and a pain in the butt. The day my father broke his wrist, he was there hectoring my Dad and that was the last time I saw him and I was happy that he died and in a timely fashion. It was weird going to console people when I had wished the timely death of the deceased. The women and the men mourned separately so I didn't console my sister in law, but her brother for a few minutes. I spent less time there than I did getting there. (it looks like my brother has essential tremors). My landlord's brother (the super, so to speak) drives a cab and bumped into me in the neighborhood of the shiva. It was good that I went. I stopped by my parents on the way back. My mother was busy watching Holocaust shows, cuz last night was Yom Hashoah. I stayed only for a few minutes and brought my father upstairs from the daily page of Talmud. I might not have visited them, except I needed to use the facilities. I also grabbed a bite to eat. Hadar, a neighbor of my parents, thinks I'm a tzaddik. Then I went to visit Resnick, who is a pain in the butt. Then I walked home. This morning when the alarm went off for Yom Hashoah, I told myself that I have plenty of Shoah on the mind and i don't need to torture myself more. I watched a couple of films and did my daily dose of Liberty Maze.

No comments:

Post a Comment