Sunday, April 25, 2010

important movies

interesting that you posed the question important movies rather than favorite movies. "strangers on a train" by hitchcock- both favorite and important, the possibility of seeing hitchcock as an artist and not just a commercial entertainer first became clear to me after seeing strangers on a train. "taxi driver" inspired me to drive a cab/ but not to get a mohawk haircut. "pollyanna" moved me very much when i was a kid. "godfather II" bothered me very much. would michael really kill his brother fredo? "paths of glory" is a great movie, but i might think about "the shining" more than "paths" something about jack nicholson's thirst for drink "appeals" to me and the connection little danny has with scatman crothers. the maze and the snow. i often wish i had a million years of the same day like bill murray in groundhog day, so that i could learn an instrument and read many books without losing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment