Tuesday, May 18, 2010

message to karmen

hey karmen, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. tonight is shavuot and i went to my uncle kenny's with my friend richard, who is in from out of town (he's from chicago). only kenny's youngest child (eight years old) was there. this week i had my brother (ultra orthodox) son got married in bnei brak. and later in the week my sister (modern orthodox) her daughter's bat mitzvah in beit shemesh. meanwhile my dad's parkinson's has worsened in the last few weeks and he's finding it very difficult to walk at all. shavuot people stay up and learn all night and i guess it's a time to socialize, but i just don't feel like dealing with people, although writing to you, is easier than dealing with people in the present tense. i'm writing a screenplay these days called "liberty maze". you read all of bar mitzvah prophecy, didn't you? i'm rather depressed these days, i'm not sure why. certainly my father's disease is part of it. in any case, i hope you're doing well.

yonah

No comments:

Post a Comment