Saturday, March 27, 2010

This time for sure (1)

Hello.
I've started blogs before, but this time for sure
[Bullwinkle the moose]
it will take off.
Joseph Acre is not my name.
Joe's a faker is the meaning of the nom de blog.
My previous blogs have been: cabby rabbi and Zion year 2 and Torah without it.
The titles represent part of my autobiography: 1. driven a cab. 2. know enough torah to be an ignoramus rabbi 3. made aliya three and a half years ago 4. off the derech, or left orthodoxy.
My plan is to use this blog as an answer to mondoweiss a blog I've been following for the last year or so.
I realize that a detective
[(Elvis Costello) (and Walt Disney Emil and the detectives)]
can figure out who I am by the blogs that I have referenced, but so it goes and we'll see if this is amenable to editing.
It is 36 or so hours until I'll be on my sister's kibbutz to celebrate the seder with my parents, sisters, brothers in law nieces and nephews and others.
It is almost 4 a.m. but since they just changed the clock two nights ago, it qualifies as 4 a.m. "new time".
Topics i hope to cover in this blog:
1. middle east. using mondoweiss as a diving board. i will comment on the posts and on the comments.
2. religion- judaism, god. create a new religion.
3. memories. i have a good memory (of bad, medium and good memories)
4. travails of writing. i'm in the midst of writing "liberty maze" a screenplay.
5. israel- living here in jerusalem
6. movies- i consider myself a minor buff. I have seen about 3800 movies on "My movies" list of imdb and i will talk about movies a bit.
7. sonhood. i am unmarried and my father is suffering parkinson's and i want to go back to the states.
8. dylan
9. reefer- i don't smoke nearly as much as i'd like to and if i get something to smoke soon, i will talk about that too.

some other things about me: i play literati a lot. (a free type of scrabble available on line.) i solve some chess positions as offered on chess tempo. i eat chicken, salmon in a can, bread, mayo, apples, red peppers and orange juice.
i have very few friends in israel. currently one of my friends from chicago has come into town. he is orthodox and as neurotic as me and single and he drives me kind of crazy.
i "plan" to return to america in July of 2012, about 27 months from now. two things will stop me: a woman who ties me to this country and earning enough money to live here half the year. i doubt that israel itself will keep me here. i fear that guilt towards my parents will keep me here, but that is a reason that i will look down upon.
when i quote something (99 times out of 100 from low culture, unless bible counts as high culture, then only 9 out of 10 from low culture) i will reference the quote, sometimes the word will inspire the thought rather than be a quote: example, detective was not a quote, and i referenced elvis costello (watching the detectives) and emil and the detectives, because the word brought those things to mind. whereas the title "this time for sure" is purely bullwinkle as he says, rustle up my sleeve watch me pull a rabbit from my hat. (rocky- again? bullwinkle- this time for sure. i'm falling as fast as i can.)
yes, i am self indulgent.
(Posts will be labeled by number and movie posts will be labeled separately.)

No comments:

Post a Comment