Sunday, March 28, 2010

Does God exist (2)

I ask this question often. Mostly it's a mantra. It's better than "I wish I was dead" and possibly better than "What do you think about the Cardinals?" But it is a space filler and not meaningful and these days I don't treat it seriously and dismiss it as filler.

At night in the dark, it is a real question. God, the thought, comes from mystery and maybe fear and the nighttime is the time of mystery and fear. And so at times of mystery, the God question is real.

Mystery is very real and those who don't sense it are tone deaf. To label it God and thus dismiss the mystery seems senseless. Mystery is to be savored, not answered, categorized, turned into 613 commands.

Does God exist? God is an attempt to answer the mystery and mystery definitely exists in my life at certain moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment